Ingredients: avocado, handful of seeds, knob of butter, 1 or 2 Tsp lemon or lime juice
Slice the avocado in half and take out the stone
Tip the lemon or lime juice over the cut surfaces of the avocado, and into the hole left by the stone
Melt the butter in a small pan and fry the seeds for between one and two minutes. Seeds burn easily, so as soon as they look browned, remove from the heat and scoop onto the avocados
The seeds will sizzle in the juice, which is very exciting for breakfast time, and also stops them from getting burnt by their own left-over heat.
In the photo here I have used sunflower and pumpkin seeds. I sometimes use a seed mix from Lidl, which contains these and pine nuts. There is parsley in the photo which I am no longer using as ours is finished! I used to score the avocado to let the juice sink in, then I realised that leaving the avocado uncut was quicker and I got a bigger sizzle!
For me, one half of the avocado is usually enough. I seal the other half with juice and put it in the fridge to use next morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment