Monday, 25 August 2014

Day Two: Tai Chi, Belching, and Dubious Humour


Woken at 7:30AM and unable to go back to sleep. I have a headache from the lack of sleep, but I have passed the night without a reflux attack. I saw a recipe yesterday for a sort of fancy fried egg, but can’t find it now so make up a fluffy egg white with ginger and cinnamon and fry it with the yolk dropped in the middle. Interesting. Sarah makes a nice soup for lunch with carrots and runner beans. Nice, and not apparently containing anything that might offend the delicate stomach, but I have quite a lot of pressure in the stomach, belching and a little reflux. Maybe it’s just down to my being two days off my stomach acid tablets. Anyhow, reflux while awake and standing is easily dealt with, it’s reflux while asleep that is the killer.  I manage an afternoon Tai Chi session. Because of my Chronic Fatigue, I do very little in the way of physical exercise. I find Tai Chi a great way to get a low-impact, gentle, full-body work out, especially because it’s easy to shorten or lengthen a session depending on the energy I have available. Today, I do around forty minutes, which so far, is about my limit. A final meal of yesterday’s left-over roulade, salad and corn on the cob, which is 20% carb but I didn’t check until after I’d eaten it. If I’m awake at midnight, I’m going to have to take something to help me on my way. Of course, knocking one’s self out might not be that wise when one is prone to relfux attacks. One bit of advice for those who do, is to sleep with the head higher than the feet. If one can sleep standing up, that is ideal, but those of us who find this difficult can resort to raising the head of their bed. I’ve done this with some wooden blocks and so tonight I’ll be sleeping at around five degrees, so I’d better wear my bed socks! I’m joking, it’s a five degree angle, not five degrees centigrade. *Tumbleweed*

No comments:

Post a Comment