Only one meal photo? There has been a lot going on today and what with one thing and another...
What you see here is plain, live yoghurt with blue berries and slices of recycled, home-grown apple. This is an apple that has been grown in our garden, half-eaten by a child (who shall remain nameless. He knows who he is), popped in the fridge by Sarah, then relieved of its brown bits and sliced small by me. I was tempted to do egg and spinach again but branched out in the interests of keeping the blog, and to some extent my life, interesting.
Late morning saw the arrival of Brother-in-Law Sam to swap his trailer tent, that we had, for our trailer tent, that he had, for reasons that are outside the scope of this narrative. It turns out that he has used and really rates the Stone Age diet, and it was good to have a conversation on the subject with someone who has read a little more guidance than I have. I should have guessed that he would have some knowledge on the subject as he and my sister Judith have tried out every diet scheme known to humanity, or more than two anyway, which is two more than I had before this experiment.
Dinner was a quarter cauliflower, sautéed in rape seed oil for fifteen minutes. It really was that simple and I wish I had a photo because it looked as good as it tasted. And before you ask, it looked great. Two children and Sarah sampled it and gave it the thumbs up. You'd would think that I'd still be peckish after this meal, and you'd be right. I gave the fridge a good tidy up, and liberated manifold odds and ends of salad and veg that, as my Mother would put it, 'Really needed eating up.'
I have been having energetic days, measured against my low baseline as a Chronic Fatigue sufferer, and my stomach has been behaving itself very well. One measure of my energy is the length of Tai Chi session I feel comfortable doing, and a measure of stomach pressure is how low I can go on the folding moves. In the forty-minute session mentioned on day 2 my 'scoop the sea' barely scooped the wave foam! In today's session I scooped nearly to the sea bed, but only managed twenty minutes.
Sarah made chicken chow mein for our family tea and I had the stone age equivalent, chicken chow mein with no noodles! It probably should have been without soy too, because of the salt content.
'And so,' in the words of Samuel Pepys, 'to bed.' I'm not going to give you the kind of running commentary on the intimate details of my life that Mr Pepys provides but don't worry, if I spew you'll be the first to know.

No comments:
Post a Comment